Up until this weekend, I didn't even have both of my suitcases.
[Side note: Last time I went to Spain, I borrowed a suitcase from Cathleen, and another from my friend Rachel.
This time, I'm borrowing one from my grandma, and one from the family.
End Side note]
Anyways, so a week or two ago I opened a paper bag in my room, which became my "Take To Spain" bag. Whenever a thought flew into my head of something I shouldn't forget to pack, I'd just grab the item and drop it in the bag.
|My "Take To Spain" Paper Bag|
- My WIP Program Handbook from 2009-10 -- so much useful information inside
- Mittens and winter hat
- Yes, those are goldfish (gift for someone)
- External hard drive
- Two scarves (narrowed down all of my scarves to two this weekend)
- Hair straightener
- Passport photos
- Sunscreen (it's super expensive in Spain)
- Fingernail clippers
- My old abono (metro/bus pass)
- Nintendo DS (to keep practicing the French)
- Callejero de Madrid
- Passport carrier around neck thing
- Plug thing I bought last time I was in Spain that will let me plug in US plugs into Spain's outlets
I figure the rest is just clothes and a toothbrush. I'll do some laundry this weekend, then decide which clothes will come with me.
So, have I started packing yet? I've packed a paper bag.